THE OFFICIAL RULES OF THE XI CYCLING ULTRAMARATHON
Bałtyk – Bieszczady Tour 1008km 2018
KS UZNAM Świnoujście
2. ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
· Commander of the Race – Robert Janik
· Referee – Wacław Żurakowski
· Route manager – Cezary Dobrochowski
· Start manager – to determinate
· Large Time Stations (LTS) managers – to determinate
· Finish managers – Oskar Szproch
· Race doctor – to determinate
3. DATES, PLACES AND ULTRAMARATHON PROGRAMME
The Ultramarathon will be organised on 24-27.08.2018.
Ceremonial start – Świnoujście, City Hall
Official start – Świnoujście, „Bielik” ferry ramp
Finish line – Ustrzyki Górne („Zajazd Caryńska” inn)
· 10:30-17:30 – racers registration in the race office
· 17:00-18:00 – technical briefing in the theatre hall of the MDK (Municipal Culture Centre)
· 18.15 – start list signing, race presentation, ceremonial start (about 5 km)
· from 19:00 – packing the luggage, that will be transferred to the LTS and Finish line (luggage cars will stay at the parking near the „Bielik” ferry; details will be available during the technical briefing)
· 20:00 – start of the first competitors (open and solo category).
· 24:00 – start of the first competitors (team category)
· 7.30–10.30 – packing the luggage, that will be transferred to the LTS and Finish line (luggage cars will stay at the parking near the „Bielik” ferry; details will be available during the technical briefing)
· T-30 minutes – first racers (starting at 8am) approach the ramp. Every racer has an individual start time (between 8am and 11am) and he/she is obliged to arrive at the start area at least 20 minutes before his/her start time.
· T-20 minutes – the racer approaches GPS Installation Zone
· T-10 minutes -the racer approaches the Referee Zone („Bielik” ramp), where the racer’s and bicycle’s equipment is checked. Checking is done by a Race Referee. In case of missing equipment or other abnormalities, the racer is withdrawn until the deficiencies are restored.
· T-5 minutes – the racer approaches the Start Line. He/She signs the start list, gives a short interview and takes part in a photo session.
· T-20 seconds – countdown signal from the ferry and start!
· 8:00 – expected arrival of the first racers in Ustrzyki Górne.
· 20:00 – Finish Line closing, (the time limit equals 70 hours for every racer, taking into account the individual start time)
· 20:00 – Closing Ceremony („Zajazd Caryńska” inn)
· 20:15 – pasta party (a metting of the BBT competitors)
Racers leave Ustrzyki Górne. As far as possible charged transfers to the nearest bus or train stations (Ustrzyki Dolne, Przemyśl,etc.) will be organised.
4. RACE OFFICE
· before the race – to determinate
· during the race- „Zajazd Caryńska” inn,
· finish line – by „Zajazd Caryńska” inn (Ustrzyki Górne)
Accommodation before the start and at the finish line to be organised by the racers themselves. Suggested locations:
Start Line (Świnoujście):
· Hotel „Bryza” (http://en.hotele-tur.com.pl/4wxdj_about_bryza_travel_lodge_in_swinoujscie.htm)
· Tourist Hostel (http://www.schronisko.e-swinoujscie.pl/EN/index.php)
· PTTK Camping (http://www.camprest.com/en/camping/osrodek-kempingowy-relax)
Finish line (Ustrzyki Góne)
· PTTK CAMPING Tel + 48 13 4610604, + 48 13 4610614 (http://www.hotel-pttk.pl/en/strona-glowna)
· Hotel Górski PTTK Tel + 48 13 4610604, + 48 13 4610614 (http://www.hotel-pttk.pl/en/strona-glowna)
· Hotel Caryńska (www.carynska.pl)
6. AIM OF THE RACE
· promotion of road cycling and bicycle touring in Poland
· providing racers with the opportunity of completing the distance of 1008 km in a non-stop bicycle race
· investigating the physical and mental limits of participants
· promotion of sponsors, offices, associations and city authorities that supported Time Stations
7. RACE ROUTE AND RULES
· the distance of the race is 1008 km; experience in long distance cycling is necessary
· the ceremonial start will take place by the Świnoujście City Hall on 24.08.2018, 18:15 (directly after technical briefing)
· start from the „Bielik” ferry ramp on 24.08.2018, from 20:00
· OPEN-racers are grouped in 6-person groups starting every 5 minutes. Start order – according to the racers historical results (from the fastest to the slowest racers)
· SOLO-racers start after OPEN-racers in 6-person groups every 5 minutes. Before leaving the built-up area they are obliged to establish interspaces according to SOLO racing rules.
· a SOLO-racer is obliged to keep the minimum distance of 100m to another SOLO-racer and the OPEN-racer behind him.
· an OPEN-racer is obliged to keep the minimum distance of 100m to a SOLO-racer behind him.
· the time limit for both categories is 70 hours (for competitors who decide to start on friday evening) and 60 hours (for competitors who decide to start on saturday morning)
· a TEAM-racers will start on 24.08.2018, from 24:00
· 1008km Finish Line in Ustrzyki Górne – limit = 70 hours. Closing times for other Time Stations will be defined after 01.08.2018.
· After the TS or LTS time limit expires the technical crew will leave the Time Station/ Large Time Station but food for racers who arrive later will be still available in bags and a racer is able to continue the race.
· after closing of TS or LTS, the racer is obliged to document his/her visit at the nearest shop or petrol station by getting a receipt or stamp.
· a racer who withdraws from the race must inform an Official; if necessary the racer will receive assistance.
· a racer who leaves the race route is obliged to inform a Referee about the place, time and reason why he/she left the route. He can continue the race from the place of leaving. In case of significant distance from the place of leaving and place of stay, he can return to the route using help of other people or public transport.
· the racer who plans to stay in the place not visible from the race route (a restaurant, hotel… ) is obliged to inform a Referee about the place and time of leaving
· at specified Time Stations and Large Time Stations bicycle service and buffets with food and drinks will be prepared
· at the selected LTS racers will receive hot meals and a place to rest and refresh themselves
· racers’ luggage is delivered by the racers to marked technical cars, that will wait for the them at specified TS’s and Finish line.
· the route description and route map with marked TS’s and LTS’s will be provided to racers in their Starter Packs.
8. PARTICIPATION AND EQUIPMENT
The Race is designed for endurance cyclists with very good physical condition and experience in long-distance cycling.
The requirements for race participants are as follows:
· 23 years old or older
· written statement about participation on their own responsibility and awareness of their own health condition
· qualification to the race obtained by finishing BBT qualifiers as defined by the BBT race organizer.
· lights at night and in case of limited visibility: front light (white, lighting up the road) and back light (red, blinking light is allowed).
· reflective elements during the day: front light (white) and back light (red)
· identity card or passport.
· mobile phone (mobile number must be given upon registration)
· reflective elements and signs delivered by the race organizer (they must be installed pursuant to instructions)
The race entry fee includes:
· food at 12 to 13 TS (details will be described during technical briefing before the start)
· free bicycle service at defined TS’s (racers pay for parts only, not for service)
· a warm meal at the finish line
· a paper map
· a GPS track (available after August 7th)
· every participant, who finishes 1008 will receive personalized cycling clothes of a Bałtyk- Bieszczady race finisher (with information – how many times the person finished the race)
· personalized commemorative medal with information of the racer’s time result
· racers, who withdraw from the race before reaching Łowicz (530 km), will received a commemorative medal for participation in the BBT
· racers, who withdraw from the race after reaching Łowicz (530 km), will received a commemorative medal and cycling jersey for participation in the BBT
· starting numbers for the bicycle, helmet and back side of the jersey
· a set of reflective elements
· liability insurance
· technical guidance
· 2 bags for personal things (e.g. clothes)
9. PRIZES AND SERVICE
· every participant, who finishes the race will receive personalized commemorative cycling clothes of Bałtyk- Bieszczady finisher (with information – how many times the person finished the race)
· a personalized commemorative medal with information of the racer’s time result
· racers, who will withdraw from the race after reaching Łowicz (530 km), will receive a commemorative medal for participation in the BBT
· detailed list of penalties will be published in a separate attachment
11. REGISTRATION AND THE RACE ENTRY FEE
· the submission form has to be completed and sent from www.1008.pl or via email to email@example.com
Within 7 days of registration submission the racer should pay
· 100 PLN / 25 EUR / 30 USD (if the racer fails to pay on time the registration will be cancelled. The registration fee is not a part of the race entry fee and cannot be refunded)
Race entry fee
Race entry fee payment deadlines:
· before 31.03.2018; 560 PLN / 140 EUR / 160 USD
· before 30.06.2018; 610 PLN / 150 EUR / 175 USD
· before 02.08.2018; 710 PLN / 175 EUR / 210 USD
In case of resignation from participation in the marathon:
· before 31.05.2018 – 100% of the race entry fee refunded
· before 30.07.2018 – 75% of the race entry fee refunded
· after 02.08.2018 – 0% of the race entry fee refunded
The maximum number of participants is 400. Registration submissions will be accepted on the first come, first registered basis. In case of higher number of registered racers, registration fee payments order decides. Participants who register with numbers higher that 400 will be set on standby list. If a registered racer resigns, the first racer from the standby list will be registered.
· in case a racer finishes the BBT 1008km and resigns from the Jubilee Edition, he/she is allowed to transfer the fee to another not registered racer; he/she is only charged with the registration fee
· participation in the meeting of BBT competitors (pasta party) in „Zajazd Caryńska” inn – is charged additionally: 10 PLN. Please, put „Club Members Meeting charge” in the registration form.
Bank account number:
11-135 Lubomino Świękitki 1A
PLN: IDEABANK 30-19500001-2006992658550002
USD: IBAN: PL45 2490 0005 0000 4000 3262 1689
EUR: IBAN: PL32 2490 0005 0000 4001 0010 4338
Title: „Bałtyk-Bieszczady Tour 2018”
12. FINAL RESOLUTIONS
· the ultramarathon will be organised independently of weather conditions
· the racers ride without external help
· organised help of third parties on the route and at the time stations is absolutely forbidden
· the racers are allowed to use food and drinks at the time stations and/or to buy products in the shops by the route
· use of other transport means apart from the bicycle is forbidden and will cause disqualification of the racer
· the organiser reserves the right to withdraw a racer if the medical crew stated his/her lack of ability to continue the race or in case of breaking regulations described in this document
· a racer is responsible for technical condition of his/her bicycle
· the organiser is not responsible for events which might occur during races’ transportation before and after the race or any cases of disservice for racers and third parties
· the organiser takes no responsibility for collisions or accidents during the race.
· every racer participates in the race on his/her own responsibility
· a participant, signing Registration Form, accepts the rules of the Marathon, permits his/her personal data processing in the organiser’s database for marketing purposes and placing his/her name, surname, birth date and place of residence on the race website according to the act on Personal Data Protection of 27 Aug 1997 (Journal of Laws 2002, No. 101, item 926) and receiving emails according to the act of 18 Jul 2002 (Journal of Laws 2002, No. 144, item 1204). He/she is entitled to view his/her data and to edit it.
· the organiser is entitled to interpret the rules at their own discretion.
· the racers are obliged to comply with traffic regulations in accordance with the Polish Law on Road Traffic
· every racer is obliged to know the rules of the race
12. ADDITIONAL INFORMATIONS
All the information may be provided by:
Remigiusz Siudziński, +48 501 584 669, firstname.lastname@example.org
Anna Janik +48 501 573 311 email@example.com;
Weronika Janik +48 505 801 791 firstname.lastname@example.org
*(the rules may slightly change)